Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fresh Post

I have not looked at my own blog in almost a year! I started this blog when we left Hawaii with the intention of posting what was happening in the our lives to stay in touch with old friends and family. Facebook and email have filled that gap instead.

I also noticed that post of my posts have centered around the kids and their activities (as is my life) and were geared to my "audience" of mainly grandma. And I realized that I've not really felt like raving about anything in my own life anymore. My life has been geared to playdates, trips to the park, the kids' activities and taxi'ing to and from. And alot of time spent cooking and cleaning - neither of which I would rave about!

Well, that's about to change! I really want my kids to know me as a person with skills and hobbies, passions and desires, adventures and travels. I want to know myself that way again! I plan to use this blog to develop and express my identity. To motivate myself to find those things that I enjoy full heartedly. To rediscover dreaming and to RAVE about life again. My "audience" is now going to be Me and anyone out there that may be trying to rediscover themselves. I'm regearing my blog to function as a public diary. A tangible place to hold myself accountable to numbering my days and as encouragement to train my eyes to look beyond the mundane to the brillance lurking inside of every person and every situation.

No comments: