Friday, November 12, 2010

Caught in the Glare


It is that time of year again where the winter sun is at a low enough angle to stream directly into our house's southern morning exposure. While I love the light - it is positively glaring on a sunny morning like we had today. So I'm hunting down shades for our house. It's time - we've been here a year and a half.

I'm thinking clean lined, unobtrusive, light filtering, but not light blocking and transluscent enough to still be able to see the view!

Here's what I like so far:

Love the vibe of the glowing light, especially through the glass vases.

This would provide much more privacy, but I'm afraid the lack of light and our dark floors may make our tiny house look a little flat.

This may be it! There is a subtle, but very natural weave of white on transluscent white that may provide the perfect mix of transluscency and privacy and add a little texture to boot. I'm pricing it out!

I think these roman shades are very elegant, however are probably too heavy for our little space and not along the clean, bright lines that I'm after. But wanted to have a picture saved in case we choose super clean lined furniture that needs a little softness to take off the modern edge!

Today's action item: Measure windows and send off requests for quote and leadtime to the http://www.theshadestore.com/.

No comments: