Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Food Frenzy in Berkeley, CA - good eats and great friends




Okay, this time Lucca is the one to get down...



Lucca got Chloe dancing at Cheeseboard Pizza when we met up with his mommy for pizza and walk down Shuttuck street. Cheeseboard serves one type of pizza a day and that's what you are going to get! Good thing it's great pizza and the line is out the door at lunch. Being a college town there are loads of students munching on their pizza right on the green strip between lanes of traffic with signs posted every few feet right above there heads about not loitering on the green strip. I found a gem of a bead store for when I have time to start making jewelry. And Karyne took us to a great bakery for a phenomenal piece of strawberry rhubarb pie. I have to take my mom there and try the pear rose pie next time!


Cheese Board
(510) 549-3055
1512 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94709
Cross Streets: Between Vine St and Cedar St
cheeseboardcollective.coop

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, the CheeseBoard collective (and the accompanying Cheese Board Pizza) are my FAVORITE places in that area of CA! I'm jealous that you are so close to it. Enjoy it for me. (Their corn cherry scones are amazing... I have the recipe and make them periodically, but nothing beats theirs!)
Where is the bakery with the pie? Must know for our next visit up (whenever that will be!)

Michael and Jill said...

Name escapes me, but I'll personally take you there next time you are up. I know exactly where its at! There is dangerously good food all around us...